[Geodata] What is the value of free data? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Sun Sep 13 20:59:11 EDT 2009

IMO:

There was some research done recently into trying to determine the value that the spatial information industry contributed to the Australian economy. By extension, arguments could be made as to the value of the spatial data that is driving the industry.

Personally, I thing that the data is invaluable.

The research was done in 2007 by ACIL Tasman:

http://www.crcsi.com.au/uploads/publications/PUBLICATION_323.pdf

For those coming to Sydney for FOSS4G-2009, this paper will also be presented.

   Bruce Bannerman