[Geodata] Natural Earth public domain data

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Mon Feb 8 15:05:26 EST 2010

Hi Jo,

Jo Walsh wrote:

> At work (edina.ac.uk) we are looking for sources of global vector data
> that are, crucially, maintained and regularly updated by someone else

Vector data of which sort ? As you know we're building/having our
repository of seamless land cover vecor data for the FlightGear flight
simulator (at least this is our 'banner') and we're improving steadily
from different sources (home grown as well as 3rd party) by replacing
the basic VMap0 coverage with better data where available.

> Does Natural Earth publish an update schedule, that would help one
> estimate the time commitment of keeping up to date with changes?

Now, "we" at FlightGear don't have schedules or releases.

Cheerio,
	Martin.