[Geodata] Natural Earth public domain data

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Jan 13 16:17:51 EST 2010

dear Keith, all,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Keith Jenkins <kgj2 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> In December 2009, Natural Earth started offering "free vector and
> raster map data at 1:10m, 1:50m, and 1:110m scales"
> http://www.naturalearthdata.com/

Thanks for sending this. I made an entry in CKAN for it:
http://ckan.net/package/naturalearth

If you are connected with the project, it would be brilliant if you
could fill in some of the author/maintainer contact information at
http://ckan.net/package/edit/naturalearth

At work (edina.ac.uk) we are looking for sources of global vector data
that are, crucially, maintained and regularly updated by someone else
:) Does Natural Earth publish an update schedule, that would help one
estimate the time commitment of keeping up to date with changes?

cheers,

jo