[Geodata] Re: Stop signs, traffic lights, and other street intersection data

Eric Palakovich Carr carreric at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 17:10:14 EDT 2010

Thanks for the tip, Alex.  I've contacted my local city government and it
appears I'll be able to get data on traffic signals, stop signs, and turn
restriction signs.  I don't really have any reason to horde the data all to
myself, so I'll probably contribute it to OpenStreetMaps (assuming I get the
data in the end).

I just started nosing around in OpenStreetMaps yesterday, so I'm pretty
green on how to go about adding this data when I get it.  Do I add a traffic
light tag to an existing road?  Would I create a point for each light / sign
and associate with the road?  Can a point be associated with more than one
road?

- Eric