[Geodata] Fw: [cc-licenses] 4.0d2 ready for comment (BY-NC-SA and BY-SA)

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 14:25:00 PDT 2012

On Aug 2, 2012, at 3:59 PM, pcreso at pcreso.com wrote:

> I figure this is pretty relevant here...

Yes. Please contribute your thoughts to the CC-Wiki.

> I have been making a few comments in various CC forums as an individual,  is there any "official" relationship the OSGEO data committee can link up with CC, apart from just another voice on their list?

I should announce here to my OSGeo friends: as of yesterday, I am the new "Science Data Policy Coordinator" at Creative Commons. See http://bit.ly/OAD4Qy

Unless I state so explicitly, I will not be speaking officially for CC here on this forum, but I will, of course, participate as a long-time OSGeo member who also happens to understand CC's work and approach. I hope to, with the help of my OSGeo family, to further my CC family's goal of making digital scientific data as open and accessible to everyone as possible.

sidenote: I will be moving from Madison, WI where I have lived for two decades+, to the Bay Area before August ends. I hope to meet other OSGeo folks in that region.

--
Puneet Kishor