[Geodata] Rebooting this committee

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 04:43:01 PDT 2012

(resending, after subscribing to the list)

On Jul 30, 2012, at 6:40 AM, "Seven (aka Arnulf)" <seven at arnulf.us> wrote:

> 2. Rename "Public Geospatial Data Committee" to "Geodata". It is the
> shortest and broadest we can get at the same time. And we will make sure
> that we do not lose "public" and "open".

	"Public" => supported by public monies, may or may not be open
	"Open" => opposite of closed, may or may not be public

Both may or may not overlap.

Just want to confirm if "Public Geospatial Data Committee" is indeed the focus of the newly rebooted committee. Looking back at the earlier thread, Arnulf had suggested "Open Geospatial Data Committee."

--
Puneet Kishor