[Geodata] Rebooting this committee

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Jul 30 11:02:33 PDT 2012

How about such a Geonetwork node harvesting WMS/WFS services for a list of geodata web servers?

We have just funded Sourcepole to develop a QGIS plugin which harvests OGC OWS web service URL's from our web site (to make it easier to access & use data we provide) & I have funding to enhance this tool, including the possible development of a CSW harvester for OWS sources.

Being able to point such a tool at an OSGEO Geonetwork catalog of such services to pick sources/layers provides real data sharing, discovery & access.

Brent Wood