[Geodata] [OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source Geospatial Atlas

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Tue Jul 31 07:34:26 PDT 2012

On 07/31/2012 02:14 PM, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Seven (aka Arnulf) <seven at arnulf.us>
> wrote:
>
>> Btw: OdbL will be a great enabler for this because it requires to
>> maintain this breadcrumb track when publishing the results.
>

> Confused as to how ODbL (http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/)
> is relevant here. Unless, you mean the Old Dominion Baseball League
> (http://www.acronymfinder.com/Old-Dominion-Baseball-League-(Virginia)-(ODBL).html)

http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/

[BOF]
4.6 Access to Derivative Databases. If You Publicly Use a Derivative
Database or a Produced Work from a Derivative Database, You must also
offer to recipients of the Derivative Database or Produced Work a copy
in a machine readable form of:

      a. The entire Derivative Database; or

      b. A file containing all of the alterations made to the Database
or the method of making the alterations to the Database (such as an
algorithm), including any additional Contents, that make up all the
differences between the Database and the Derivative Database.
[EOF]

So whenever you create a derivative database you can simply add the
breadcrumb track of how you did it and Voila, the license conditions
have been met, happy.

In my mind one of the greatest sections in OdbL (an admittedly narrowly
metadata focused mind).

Cheers,
Arnulf

--