[Ica-osgeo-labs] Map of ICA-OSGeo Labs

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sat Apr 20 11:05:57 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Great ideas. I signed up on Doodle - sorry I missed it earlier. I'm not
sure I can do a recording before next week but after our semester is done I
can probably do this. I'm still trying to get back to the NSF RCN grant by
the way. I will make that happen!

Cheers
Charlie

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Manuel Haro / LabSolZac <
manuel.haro at zacatecas.gob.mx> wrote:

> Hello Rafael and everyone
>
> Is an amazing idea, I will be ready at any time when you wants to works at
> Hangout and the next monday we can récord our Lab vídeo and share to you.
>
> I am sure that between next tuesday or wednesday we will have ready the
> website first versión
>
> With muy best regards

> Ing. Manuel Haro  - Innovación Abierta
> Lab. Nal. de Software Libre / COZCyT
> *** Powered by Razr i 'Intel Inside' *****
>

> "Moreno, Rafael" <Rafael.Moreno at ucdenver.edu> escribió:
>
> Hi everyone,
> I think it is a great idea to have a Google + meeting to get to know each
> other better.
> In Google + there is a limit of 10 people at the same time.
> I just signed in for meeting times and it is almost full.
>
> I know several people would love to participate but are not in the list
> yet.
> I see 2 potential solutions to the concurrent space problem. Just for the
> purpose of introduce ourselves:
>
> 1. Have more than one Google + Hangout with different participants each
> time and record the sessions with www.screencast-o-matic.com. I volunteer
> to do the taping. Down side of this option is that someone has a slow
> connection or if there is a lot of traffic sound and images can be choppy.
>
> 2. Ask each interested participant to create a 2-3 minutes video
> introducing themselves and their labs. Many ways to create the videos. One
> of them is to use the free version of www.screencast-o-matic.com (limit
> of 15 minutes of recording). This web service records all activity
> occurring on the computer. Then we can upload videos to ICA-OSGeo Labs
> Network website.
>
> What do you think?
> Rafael

> Rafael Moreno, Ph.D.
> Department of Geography and Environmental Studies
> University of Colorado Denver
> Office: North Classroom 3524, Auraria Campus
> Campus Box 172
> 1200 Larimer Street NC 3524
> Denver, CO 173364
> Phone: 303-352-3762
> Fax 303-556-6197

Charlie Schweik

Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Department of Environmental Conservation - http://eco.umass.edu
Center for Public Policy and Administration - http://masspolicy.org
Associate Director, National Center for Digital Government - http://ncdg.org
Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software (MIT Press, 2012)
- see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545
Outsmart Invasive Species project: http://masswoods.net/outsmart