[Ica-osgeo-labs] ICA-OSGeo labs website

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 07:31:48 PDT 2013

On 21 September 2013 15:56, Suchith Anand
<Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Suchith

> Thanks to all of you who have attended the BoF meeting of Educational and ICA-OSGeo labs and  i will be emailing more details on the discussions and actions outcome  of Education and ICA-OSGeo labs BoF after workloads of FOSS4G 2013 are over.
>
> Website is the key window for the outside world to know what we are doing and  build new collaborations and we need a professional and regularly updated website to be in place asap. Thanks to Manuel efforts, we have some activities started and draft website in place. Now it is time to build upon this initial draft site a brand new website and i have requested Jason Sadler (Uni of Southampton) to make use of these initial ideas and build us a central website for the ICA-OSGeo Labs initiative.

Only to know are you thinking to have a website inside the main
www.osgeo.org website or a subdomain of osgeo.org (something like
icalabs.osgeo.org) or something else?
What software are you thinking to use?

> We will be creating a website team led by Jason Sadler  and key members for delivering this. I would like to have Manuel, Jeff, Anne, Luca, Frank to be all part of this team and aim to have our new website in place in a month's time to keep building momentum generated by FOSS4G 2013. Thanks again to all of you and it is great to see our initiative growing rapidly.

I would like to be part of team, but I have really few time, I could
work on small topic (for example the map)

ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/
www.lucadelu.org