[Ica-osgeo-labs] Pre-AAG Workshop on "Open GIS: New Opportunities for Research and Education, " April 7, 2014

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Sep 28 02:56:55 PDT 2013

Mike -  Thank you for confirming participation for AAG pre- meeting . That is excellent.

Serge, Daniel-  Mike will be able to support you for any help needed  for your workshop. Mike has been active in helping  workshops for the ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies in the US. before . For example in  2012 , he coorganised a workshop on “The Internet and Geospatial Technologies”  held in conjunction with the AutoCarto 2012 conference. Details at

http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2012/11/summary-of-the-internet-and-geospatial-technologies-workshop-at-autocarto-2012-ohio-usa/

Workshop report at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/autoCarto_ICA_workshop.pdf

Timing of this workshop call is excellent. This will now create the momentum for establishing over 20 Open Source Geospatial Labs  in US and set the agenda  for Open GIS research and education in the US for the future. We are also working for more closer collaborations between ICA and UCGIS and this is an excellent opportunity to build up this.