[Ica-osgeo-labs] "Geo for All" education mission is now launched

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 30 12:10:33 PDT 2013

Alex,

We will be using all opportunities for promoting our education mission. So please use the GIS day activities in your university from this year to solely promote OSGeo (give out OSGeo LiveDVDs, run seminars of OSGeo etc). "Geo for All" day focus is on poor countries , people and regions who have been left out of GIS opportunities this all this long.

I think Sol Katz birthday is the most appropriate day to select for this.  Even if August month is mostly holiday for US and Europe, you can send an email wishing "Geo for All" day to your colleagues with a link to OSGeo Live and our education website. Thanks.