[Ica-osgeo-labs] future awards

SERGIO ACOSTA Y LARA sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy
Thu Aug 28 09:38:14 PDT 2014

Hi. I was asked to share this information:
There will be soon the first call for prizes for the best M.Sc. and Ph.D. thesis (GIS, Cartography), granted to graduates from universities located at states belonging to the Pan American Institute of Geography and History (PAIGH, http://www.ipgh.org), and/or by citizens of those states graduated from any university in the world. We want to have as many candidates as possible; locating the graduates from PAIGH's universities might be difficult but possible, but identify those recently graduated abroad might be impossible. Do you know anyone which satisfy such conditions, and has graduated in the last three years? Would you mind let him/her know about this opportunity, by checking regularly http://www.ipgh.org/Comisiones/CARTOGRAFIA/default.htm?
We are not aware of any current, complexive list of Ph.D. and M.Sc. programs in the geosciences area in the Pan American region. Could you contribute to build one? Do you know any M.Sc./Ph.D. program in countries belonging to PAIGH in the geosciences area? Would you mind send us the URL?
Feel free to contact Dr. Carlos López-Vázquez, carloslopez at uni.ort.edu.uy to provide information and/or pose any question
Thanks,
Sergio Acosta y Lara