[Ica-osgeo-labs] OSGeo involvement in SDI-Open / ICC Brazil

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Apr 3 07:18:43 PDT 2015

Hello GeoForAll,

I believe OSGeo should be prominent and active in the SDI Open / ICC
event in Brazil in August [1].  As the OSGeo president I'd like to help
with this, as well as be there in person (it would be great to talk
again directly with George, Carl, and the community leaders); I've
learned that these types of face to face meetings are invaluable.

Some questions:

- I'd like to see OSGeo listed as supporters on that page[1], can
someone let me know what is required?

- I wonder if there are plans for an OSGeo booth at these events, or if
not maybe I can help plan this.

- if others agree of this importance, I'd like to request funding for my
travel to SDI-Open from the OSGeo Board.  I should likely move fast on
this soon.

[1] http://www.labgeolivre.ufpr.br/

Thanks,

-jeff