[Ica-osgeo-labs] GIS in South Africa Secondary Education

Bridget Fleming bridget at afrispatial.co.za
Mon Feb 16 08:49:17 PST 2015

Thank you Serena Coetzee and Gavin Fleming for bringing this inspiring list
to my attention.

I will forward details of the 'Teacher Training and School Education
thematic' to the SA Geography Teachers¹ network, a mailing list that I
manage of over 800 Geography teachers in SA, when it is set up.

GIS is a significant part of the grade 10 to 12 Geography curriculum in SA
and a group of us have been involved in a number of initiatives including
teacher training, material development and GIS camps. I spent twenty years
in the classroom before moving on to GIS teacher support, using QGIS as a
tool.

Please don¹t forget us here in SA, we are very eager to get involved and
share resources.

Kind regards