[Ica-osgeo-labs] webinar on geospatial certifications and credentials

Diana Sinton dianasinton at ucgis.org
Mon Jan 5 17:17:53 PST 2015

Hello all.  Back in September, there was a discussion thread here about
certification ideas in the geospatial world.  People were wondering what
might be possible within the os-geo context, and how that might fit with
what else already exists.

Just FYI, next week UCGIS is offering a webinar on the topic, "De-Mystifying
the World of Certifications and Credentials for the Geospatial Sciences."
We'll hear from representatives from four organizations currently involved
with different types of credentials and certificates:  GISCI, ASPRS, USGIF,
and Esri. But their formal presentations will be brief, and the primary
purpose of this event will be to provide the audience with a chance to ask
questions that will clarify their understanding of how these existing
entities fit together (or not), and gain insights into the changes coming in
the near future.  We have published a very brief overview video
<http://screencast.com/t/Zr3VMUS61>  that explains some of the context.

The webinar will be held on Wednesday January 14th from 2-3pm EST (11am-12pm
PST).  If you are affiliated with a UCGIS member organization or
institution, the webinars are free. Otherwise, there is a $25 fee that will
be invoiced after the event.  All registrants will be provided with the
recording afterwards to be able to watch later at their convenience.  Here
is the link to pre-register
<http://ucgis.org/ucgis-webinars/de-mystifying-world-certifications-and-cred
entials-geospatial-sciences> .

Best,