[Ica-osgeo-labs] Joint meeting of IG Geospatial & IG Big Data Analytics of the Research Data Alliance (RDA) at San Diego, California (March 9 to 11, 2015)

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 16 16:06:25 PST 2015

Colleagues,

I am pleased to inform that  the IG Geospatial & IG Big Data Analytics of the Research Data Alliance (RDA) will hold a joint meeting  at the RDA Fifth Plenary Meeting is held in San Diego, California (March 9  to 11, 2015). The aim is to build synergies in Geospatial Big Data Analytics and research. Myself and my co-chairs in Geospatial IG (Peter Baumann, Luciene Delazari, Andrea Perego )  will welcome your ideas for planning the various WG activities. We will use this meeting opportunity to also build upon actions from our previous meetings of the Geospatial IG  at Dublin and Amsterdam Plenaries in 2014.

The draft program for the fifth Plenary is available at  https://rd-alliance.org/plenary-meetings/fifth-plenary/programme.html

RDA Europe is offering travel and subsistence support to Early Career European Researchers & Scientists working with Data to attend the plenary meeting. In its 3rd edition, the aim of this programme is to introduce European early career researchers & scientists to RDA, highlight what data scientists / practitioners are doing, leverage on Early Career Researchers & Scientists knowledge to support Plenary 5 activities and support RDA Working Group activities.

For more details on the programme, application and evaluation criteria and financial contribution visit https://www.rd-alliance.org/early-career-european-researchers-scientists-working-data-march-2015.html

Interested candidates are invited to complete the application form by 27th January 2015 at 00:00 CET.  Please note that you must register to the RDA web platform to submit your application. You may change your application from your profile until the closing date.  All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application no later than the 5th February 2015.

We look forward to your collaboration and participation.

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.