[Ica-osgeo-labs] Your ideas/inputs needed for online educational tools for Spatial literacy using OSGeo technologies and open data

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 01:57:48 PST 2015

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 23:20:54 -0500
Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> Google summer of code has nothing to do with google earth or any
> other google application - please find the list of participating
> organizations here:
> https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/list/public/google/gsoc2014 I
> assume that a project which contributes code to World Wind could be
> funded. OSGeo has participated in GSoC since 2006 and each year we
> have number of students developing code for GRASS GIS, QGIS, GDAL and
> other projects by students paid by Google.
>
> Suchith, just a reminder, that the projects must include coding, so
> educational material development would need to include development of
> code to generate or manage the material.
>
> I haven't heard from Anne or Hamish yet - they have been GSoC admins
> for OSGeo during past couple years - it would be challenging to do it
> without their leadership so I hope they will be available this year
> again,

Hello all,

thanks Suchith for raising interest about GSoC well in advance on this
list.
There is certanily the intention to let OSGeo participate in GSoC 2015.
Hamish and me are currently dealing with the first steps of the
application process. We will notify the wider OSGeo community, and this
discussion list too, when our final decision will be made.

Best regards,

Anne
--
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Aghisla