[Ica-osgeo-labs] Applications opened for COST TD1202 Training School "FOSS4VGI"

Marco Minghini marco.minghini86 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 07:53:34 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

it is my pleasure to announce you that we have opened the applications for
the Training School "FOSS4VGI - Using Free and Open Source Software with
VGI: integration, analysis and visualisation", that will take place at
Politecnico di Milano - Como Campus (northern Italy) from *July 12 to 14,
2015*. The Training School will run just before the FOSS4G Europe 2015
international conference (http://europe.foss4g.org/2015) that we are also
organizing at the same venue. The Training School will be focused on the
use of FOSS4G (Free and Open Source Software) to collect and use VGI and
will consist of a mix of lectures and practical hands-on workshop sessions.

COST TD1202 "Mapping and the Citizen Sensor" will sponsor the event and
provide grants for up to 25 students and Early Stage Researchers. The
applications are opened until * Wednesday, June 10*. Participation of
female students and ESRs as well as students and ESRs from inclusiveness
countries is highly encouraged and will be prioritized. Inclusiveness
countries include Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia,
FYR Macedonia, Republic of Serbia, Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina,
Luxembourg and Portugal.

All the details are available at the website
http://geomobile.como.polimi.it/FOSS4VGI.
Please forward this email to anyone who might be interested in attending
the Training School.
Should you have any question please contact me.
Best,

Marco

Marco Minghini, Ph.D.
GEO Laboratory, Politecnico di Milano - Como Campus
via Valleggio 11, 22100 Como (Italy)
+39 031 3327540
marco.minghini at polimi.it
@MarcoMinghini