[Ica-osgeo-labs] Our charter: Education definitely, but also Research?

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sat May 2 03:29:56 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Suchith Anand <
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> but we will only allow ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS lab title from now only to
> universities, educational institutes, government organisations with focus
> on education

An educational focus is imperative. But I'd like to encourage us to think
also about a collaboration on the RESEARCH front too -- we all know this is
a critical component to education. Perhaps we should make that more
apparent in the text on [1]?

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geoforall_criteria

Cheers,
Charlie