[Ica-osgeo-labs] Mark your calendars! Doodle poll for GeoForAll substantive meetings at FOSS4G Europe in Como in July - results

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed May 6 03:59:20 PDT 2015

Hi GeoForAll colleagues,

Thanks for the reminder, Toni. (Attached below is the email I sent out in
March with the confirmed dates/times of our GeoForAll meetings in Como to
help with travel arrangements.) But here's an update with more detail:

*Tuesday July 14th 8:30 - 11:30 am - substantive discussions*

Right now I have these three topics down as things we need to discuss live
as a group:

1) GeoForAll and its connection to firms (this is a new issue that came up
this week and is very important we get right)
2) Educational content curation strategies (e.g., ELOGeo, GeoAcademy
GitHub, OSGeo Metadata Inventory system)
3) Certification issues (I need some help on this one -- is there someone
who will be  there who can update us all on where we are related to this?)

Please let me know if there are other pressing topics needing our
attention. But I think we want to keep the agenda to 2 or 3 key discussion
topics so we can really make some progress on them while together.

*Friday July 17th 12:00-1:00 pm - *Bird's of a Feather.

This will be an open session to plan our collective activities after
reflecting on the conference experiences/discussions.

*Saturday July 18th 8:30-11:30* "Grant Sprint"

This will partially be focused on Urban Science/City Analytics US NSF
proposal that some of us have been discussing, but it would be **great** if
any EU colleagues present could think about grant opportunities BEFORE the
Como conference and use this time to possibly work on it here with others.

I hope many of you going to Como can make these meetings.

Cheers,
Charlie Schweik