[Ica-osgeo-labs] Education at FOSS4G 2016

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Sat Oct 24 17:28:36 PDT 2015

Ela,

Ciao! Great to see you working to make the most of this event for education.

All the work that Ron Fortunato does for Trillium Learning is entirely oriented to real-world, real-time project-based learning. As we saw with the Europa Challenge 2015, the winning team was a group of Alaska High School students that were part of his www.aWorldBridge.com<http://www.aWorldBridge.com> education program.

AWorldBridge is based on open source software and open hardware. This would be a great opportunity for the German school teachers to learn more about how they can take advantage of this geo-education program (and he is using QGIS as well as WebWorldWind).

Now the first trick is to be sure Ron will be at this event, since I haven’t talked to him about it.

-Patrick
(650) 604-5656 (office)
(650) 269-2788 (cell)