[Geo4All] Ideas/inputs needed for committee guidelines for GeoForAll

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 02:53:01 PST 2016

Dear colleagues,

It will be really helpful to get your ideas on this. Also we need to as a committee inform OSGeo Board on our budget requirements for 2017.

I suggest that we request for budget for OSGeo Student Awards at FOSS4G  events (5000 USD). We could use this to request other organisations to match fund this to maximise impact.

Yesterday, I saw the mail from Maxi in UN list [1]on the UN OpenGIS initiative[2] . Maria Brovelli has been contributing our efforts for this excellent initiative esp in training.  I want to thank Maria for taking lead on this. This is a really strategic initiative that will benefit FOSS use in UN . Hence it has global benefit and strategic.  We would do our best to get UN to help fund the travel costs for Maria's  participation but if needed there should be budget to cover her participation for this. So this cost also need to be included in the budget.

I am requesting your inputs before forwarding the request to the board by Dec 20th

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/un/2016-December/000037.html
[2] https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxwcvLoMZAurNWN2dmNzQnd1OW8/view
[3] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geoforall/2016-December/003366.html