[Geo4All] GIS of Thrones

Alvaro Anguix aanguix at gvsig.com
Sat May 28 06:26:40 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Sometimes when we are doing training tasks, users ask us about free
datasets to practice and learn all the possibilities that gvSIG gives
us. Fortunately there are a great quantity of free data today, but it’s
true that only a few times we find geographic information that allows us
to enjoy while we learn to create legends, labeling, making geoprocesses…
We were thinking in it when we found a dataset, with free license, based
on the successful series (in books and on TV) Game of Thrones. After
testing it with gvSIG we found several errors at the information layers,
but they were able to be solved easily with some geoprocesses. Since we
were at that point, why don’t we play with symbology and labeling by scale?
More information:
https://blog.gvsig.org/2016/05/24/gis-of-thrones-mapping-game-of-thrones-with-gvsig/

Cheers,
Alvaro Anguix