[Geo4All] lab details form

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Jul 29 23:27:41 PDT 2017

No problem Zia. You are welcome to start downloading all OSGeo software and install in your lab machines as you wish. You don't need any ones permission to install OSGeo software and teach your students . It is good to show students both proprietary and open solutions, so they start appreciating the importance of open solutions for innovation.

Many of our labs initially were using proprietary GIS software only before they switched to Open principles to ensure open innovation . It will also help build open minds for students and contribute to open knowledge.

You are also welcome to give away OSGeo live DVDs to your students. Freedom is a fundamental right.

We look forward to welcome you and your students in Turkey to GeoForAll.