[Geo4All] ICC 2019 - Tokyo - ICA General Assembly

Silvana Camboim silvanacamboim at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:23:43 PDT 2018

Dear ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies and GeoforAll
members:

Our community in the International Cartographic Association (ICA) is
involved the preparations for the International Cartographic Conference in
Tokyo (http://www.icc2019.org/).

I therefore come to consult the Commission's community on the following
subjects:

1 - Are we interested in hosting pre-conference workshops in Tokyo? If you
are preparing to participate and have an idea of topics, format,
association with other commissions and hands-on sessions, please feel free
to propose your ideas. At the 2015 and 2017 conferences we did the SDI Open
pre-conference workshop, together with the Commission on  SDI and
Standards, we had presentations and hands-on sessions, and the experience
was very good.

2 - The ICA General Assembly will also meet to vote about the positions on
executive committee and  commission chairs. I would like to know if there
are any volunteers to work on this ICA commission (Open Source Geospatial
Technologies)  from 2019 to 2023.

3 - Ideas to increase ICA collaboration and / or involvement with other
organizations participating in the GeoforAll initiative that can be brought
to the community during the conference are welcome.

I also would like to all of you, including specially the former chair
Suchith Anand for keeping this community vibrant and integrated.

Best Regards,

Silvana Camboim

*ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies Chair
(2015-2019)Associate Professor - Federal University of Parana -
Curitiba,Brazil *