[Geo4All] GIS.lab version 0.7.0 released

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 11:49:22 PST 2018

Dear Suchith, GeoForAll community,

> Thanks Martin. This is a great resource for expanding geoeducation
> opportunities at all levels. Will add this to the GeoForAll resources
> section and share with wider community.

right, GIS.lab is a great tool for open source geo-education. All my
open source GIS lessons at my university (Czech Technical Uni in
Prague) are almost two years running in GIS.lab environment. GIS.lab
requires initial setting up in real network environment, but than it
brings significant simplification in maintenance requirements. I am
planning to write a blog about GIS.lab in real education activities a
long time. I hope to find some time for this todo soon. But you know
there is always something more urgent to do. To me knowledge GIS.lab
is used also by Charles University. I am open to explain GIS.lab
fundamentals [1] to anyone interested at setting up GIS.lab technology
also in his/her GIS classes. Feel free to contact me or open new
thread on mailing list.

Martin

[1] http://gislab.readthedocs.io/en/latest/general/about.html#what-is-gis-lab

--