[Geo4All] Fw: LBS Research Agenda Paper

Suchith Anand suchith_anand at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 07:08:29 PDT 2018

 ======================

Dear colleagues,

 We are happy to announce that the LBS Research Agenda has been published
 online as an open access paper in the Journal of LBS. This is an outcome
 of the multi-phase collaborative initiative
 (https://lbs.icaci.org/research-agenda/), started in May 2016. Thank you
 to all the participants during this process! You can find the paper at
 https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17489725.2018.1508763.

 We hope this research agenda helps to motivate further LBS research and
 stimulate collective efforts. To bring together the broader community to
 answer these open research questions, a series of activities
 (conferences, workshops, and special issues) will be organized in the
 coming years. Particularly, we would like to draw your attention to the
 following two platforms:

 - Journal of LBS (https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/tlbs20): This is the
 flagship journal of the scientific field of LBS. Please consider
 submitting your recent research to the journal.

 - International Conference series on LBS
 (https://lbs.icaci.org/lbs-conferences/): The next LBS conference will
 be hosted by TU Wien, Vienna, Austria, in November 2019. More details
 will come.

 By working collaboratively within the LBS community and across cognate
 communities, we can ensure a better future of our mobile information
 society.

 Best,
 Haosheng Huang, Georg Gartner, Jukka Krisp, Martin Raubal, and Nico van de Weghe
 On behalf of the ICA Commission on LBS and the Journal of LBS

 --
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Georg Gartner

International Cartographic Association
Past President

Research Group Cartography
Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation
Vienna University of Technology
Erzherzog-Johann-Platz 1
A-1040 Vienna, Austria
T +43-1-58801-12611