[Geo4All] news from the Participatory Lithology project

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 23:44:04 PDT 2020

*[this is a development of what we proposed back in 2017 with one of the
Geoforall webinars on How Free/Open Source Geomatics can integrate in Rural
Communities to improve Resilience and Quality of Life“
<http://www.pibinko.org/the-recording-of-the-webinar-of-open-source-geomatics-environment-and-music-from-southern-tuscany/>]*

Dear all, I hope you are well.

FYI, the Participatory Lithology project is working well...the community is
growing in the various roles we proposed, and we are having attention from
the Far East
<http://www.pibinko.org/jugbandcollinemetallifere/apr-13-2020participatory-geology-project-in-time-of-covid-19-italy/>,
and from the "Far West
<http://www.pibinko.org/jugbandcollinemetallifere/lithology-public-and-geologists-collaborate-science-connected-apr-12-2020/>
".

Also, the "geomusical
<http://www.pibinko.org/jugbandcollinemetallifere/geomusic/>" side of
things is giving a lot of warm feedback. Since March 21 we produced four
"geolyrics" + videos: three for Participatory Lithology,
<http://www.pibinko.org/participatorylithology/> and one for our Participatory
Night Sky Monitoring project.
<http://www.pibinko.org/jugbandcollinemetallifere/seeing-the-milky-way-by-day-mauro-tirannosauro-feat-liliana-cafiero/>

For the sake of "fast-track design" in such a complex period, we started
off by adapting well-know tunes. However, following a line we used in other
situations, we would then like to disconnect the lyrics from the initial
tunes, and possibly adapt them to new melodies... we shall see!

The musical video part of the story is the flagship of a series of other
activities which are running in parallel to the crowdsourcing work (as
explained in this page
<http://www.pibinko.org/jugbandcollinemetallifere/participatory-lithology-instructions-for-the-entertainers/>
).

In this period we are issuing a weekly report on the Participatory
Lithology project...if you like to be updated independently of occasional
postings we may be sending to this list, please write me asking to join our
mailing list.

For more information and booking: micalosapevo at pibinko.org

Many thanks for your attention, and best regards from Southern Tuscany.

Andrea Giacomelli
Culture, Environment, Open Innovation
http://www.pibinko.org
info at pibinko.org