[Geo4All] Using Open Source Geospatial Tools to Find Missing Building Footprints

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 31 11:56:19 PDT 2020

Hi,

I'm one of the OSGeo admins and investigated your unsolicited
subscription case just now.
What I found out: there is a new quality of spammers who try to
subscribe email addresses they apparently have harvested somewhere to
our mailman server, like trying to subscribe one email to many OSGeo
lists. Normally nothing happens (that's why I don't understand yet the
spammer's interest here) unless the email owner actually accepts the
confirmation email (which happened in your case on Aug 11 2020,
08:48:57 PDT).

That said: you may unsubscribe here:
can do that for you (in CC now)

Sorry for the inconvenience but this new "style" of spamming is new to me.
I have identified the IP of the spammer and will try to blacklist it.

Best regards,
Markus

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 4:33 PM Brittany Pyatt
<brittany at pyattbuilders.com> wrote:

> UNSUBSCRIBE. I never signed up for these emails.
>
> --
> Brittany Pyatt
> Director of Design & Research
> Office: 317.379.0184