[Geo4All] CFP: ISPRS Intl Journal of Geo-Information (IJGI) - Special Issue about Geospatial Open Systems

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Fri Feb 14 06:42:31 PST 2020

Hi Barend,

I just want to point out, that this is very dependent on the specific
MDPI Journal. Some MDPI Journals are quite clearly predatory, where
others are clearly serious. To say it mildly, IJGI has potential to
improve its conduct, from my own experiences with that journal and its
review process. But this is also to a large degree not the fault of
MDPI, but mostly to to very lazy and careless reviews, be unpaid
reviewers (like myself) who need to take more serious time to conduct
the reviews. Currently I have an own submission in review, and I think I
notice some betterment already, so maybe they got aware of the public
discussions on social media?

Best,
Christian

Am 14.02.20 um 15:28 schrieb b.j.kobben at utwente.nl:

> Well, just wanted to make folks aware that there is an ongoing
> discussion in the GeoSciences about the publisher (MDPI) of this
> journal  -- some of us (me included) consider it a company that is
> there to make money foremost and does not care too much about
> scientific quality. If you want I can send you a summary of some of
> that ongoing discussion...
>
> --
>
> Barend
>
> On 14/02/2020, 14:58, "SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA"
> <sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy
> <mailto:sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy>> wrote:
>
> ​¿? Is there something that the GeoForAll community should know? At
> least I personally do not understand this mail...
>
> Regards,
>
> Sergio Acosta y Lara
>
> Departamento de Geomática
>
> Dirección Nacional de Topografía
>
> Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
>
> URUGUAY
>
> (598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
>
> http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/

Dr. Christian Willmes
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group
Geographisches Institut     | Institute of Geography
Universität zu Köln         | University of Cologne
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 6234
http://www.geographie.uni-koeln.de/14126.html
http://www.sfb806.de
http://crc806db.uni-koeln.de