[Geo4All] Call for Papers: Data - Special Issue "A European Approach to the Establishment of Data Spaces"

Marco Minghini marco.minghini86 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 10:08:19 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,
The open access journal *Data* is pleased to announce a new Special Issue
titled "A European Approach to the Establishment of Data Spaces". I am
serving as Guest Editor for this Special Issue together with my colleagues
at the European Commission - Joint Research Centre (JRC) Alexander Kotsev,
Massimo Craglia and Stefano Nativi.

Papers should address any of the cross-cutting issues emerging from the
recently launched European Data Strategy
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1593073685620&uri=CELEX%3A52020DC0066>,
e.g. the definition of sustainable governance models for data, appropriate
socio-economic incentives, choice of standards and technologies ensuring
interoperability, the establishment of reference architectures and
licensing frameworks, and multi-source data quality assessment frameworks.
Within this context, we welcome multidisciplinary and multi-domain
submissions that would contribute to shaping the research agenda, and
providing best practices for data-driven innovation that are in line with
European values.

The submission deadline is January 31, 2021. The full Call for Papers is
available at https://www.mdpi.com/journal/data/special_issues/EU_DataSpaces.

Best regards,
Marco