[Geo4All] Sign Up for the GeoConvergence Workshop Today!

Christopher Tucker tucker at mapstory.org
Wed Apr 7 19:50:08 PDT 2021

GeoForAll Community -

We would love to have you all contribute to this upcoming workshop.  Please read below, and sign up!

Does it feel to you as though #geo is everywhere these days? Some folks seem to think #geospatial tech is taking over the world. Others think that every field of science and technology, every field of endeavor is coming to realize that X, Y, Z, & T are core to how they can better understand and make sense of our world. After all, everything that happens on Planet Earth, by definition, happens in space and time!

#AI #artificialintelligence #machinelearning #virtualreality #augmentedreality #mixedreality #deeplearning #sensors #remotesensing #autonomy #robotics #internetofthings #gis #digitaltwins #tech #scienceandtechnology #R&D - all these fields of S&T (and more!) are discovering the power of #geo in their own unique and powerful ways - and all of these fields are learning from each other, and converging over time. The same is happening with all the fields of use that are benefiting from the (geo) convergence of these technologies - including #Agriculture, #ClimateChange, #Conservation, #Energy, #Labor, #NationalSecurity, #Oceans, #SmartCities, #Transportation, #Weather, and so much more.  How can we accelerate this convergence? This GeoConvergence? How can our society benefit from this GeoConvergence more quickly? What are the barriers that exist, and what investments need to be made?

If you have ideas to share, that can help shape our nation’s future R&D/S&T investments, please join the American Geographical Society and the National Science Foundation (NSF) and sign up for this GeoConvergence Workshop.

Go to www.GeoConvergence.org and SIGN UP TODAY!

You can help us all better understand what investments need to be made in order for the GeoConvergence to shape our future society and planet in the most fruitful, equitable, just, and meaningful way possible.

We look forward to having you join the dialog. And, please make sure to share this message to EVERYONE in your network! Diversity, equity, and inclusion will positively shape the understanding of GeoConvergence that we collectively build.

See you soon!

Chris

Dr. Christopher K. Tucker
Chairman