[Geo4All] Upcoming Knowledge Commons online conference: A possible way to promote and expand open source geospatial software and education?

Charles Schweik cschweik at umass.edu
Tue Apr 20 06:02:20 PDT 2021

Dear GeoForAll colleagues,

I'm co-organizing an upcoming online conference on "Knowledge Commons"
<https://2021knowledge.iasc-commons.org/> (June 7-9th, 2021) organized by
the International Association for the Study of the Commons
<https://iasc-commons.org/>. Open-source software, open data and open
educational resources fall under this label.

One major component of the conference will be sets of coordinated
pre-recorded presentations and then one or more live panel discussions with
those presenters with a moderator.

*This could be a nice opportunity for various GeoForAll labs to discuss
their efforts in/around open source software or open educational materials
to support open geospatial, open data, spatial crowdsourcing, etc. In other
words, this could be a kind of GeoForAll mini-conference within this larger
Knowledge Commons conference.*

The conference is relatively cheap for non-IASC members ($50 USD).

If anyone is interested in this idea and creating collective action between
GeoForAll labs around this idea, email me, and I'll try and help
coordinate.

For more information visit: https://2021knowledge.iasc-commons.org/

Cheers
Charlie Schweik

--
(While I may be sending this email outside of my normal work hours, *I have
no expectation to receive a reply outside of yours*.)

Professor, Dept of Environmental Conservation and School of Public Policy
University of Massachusetts Amherst

Web: charlieschweik.org
Twitter: @cschweik <https://twitter.com/cschweik>
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/charles.schweik.9
World Librarians program: worldlibrarians.org