[Geo4All] Student conference - GeoforAll competition winners

Victoria Rautenbach victoria.rautenbach at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 22:47:21 PST 2022

Dear All

I would like to invite you to us for presentations by our 2021 GeoforAll
student competition winners.

*Date and time*: 23 February 13:00 GMT,
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=GeoforAll+student+conference&iso=20220223T15&p1=269&ah=2

*Zoom*:
https://up-ac-za.zoom.us/j/94205700628?pwd=UWdGZFR4elpYKzA0ZFkzSmcrUkZJdz09

*Schedule*:
*Welcome*
*English session (chair: Victoria Rautenbach)*

   - Introducing autoESDA: A python package for automated exploratory
   spatial data analysis (ESDA), *Nicholas De Kock*
   - Web Based GIS Application for Public Services in Qena City, *Mohamed
   Shamroukh Mohamed*
   - Variability of wheat and maize phenology from Sentinel-1 and -2 data,
   Atikul Hoque
   - Youth for Environmental Development: Improving the dire State of
   Environment in Urban Communities through Citizen Science and Community
   Engagement,* Patrick Ken Kalonde*

*Spanish session (chair: Sergio Acosta y Lara)*

   - Efecto de la variabilidad climática en la salud e inmunidad del lobo
   marino de California, *Carla Cadena Valdivia*
   - IGNIS Reporte ciudadano de incendios forestales, *Iván Ramírez*

Each presentation will be 10 min with 5 min of questions and discussion.
There might be a couple of extra presentations in the last session.

If you are unable to join us, the recording of the session will be
available on the GeoforAll YouTube,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1E2akvCNWP_nC0p5CpB8g/featured

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope to (virtually) see some of
you at the presentations.

Regards
Victoria