[Geo4All] Thank you for your kind words

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 04:39:35 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues

I just want to say thank you to all kind messages from colleagues from around the world that I received. I am touched by your kindness. One of the greatest qualities that I admire of Mahatma Gandhi is his adherence to Non-violence and his ability to forgive .We are all human and we all some times make mistake.

I send my apology for sending any off-topic messages in OSGeo-Discuss list. Steven, Barend and some colleagues had emailed me sometime back  informing me that some of the mails that I post in Discuss list is off-topic . For example, I had sent emails on scholarships for economically poor students in  universities etc in the Discuss list.

I know Steven, Barend for many years. We all worked together for the successful FOSS4G Nottingham.  I thank them for their work and efforts over many years for OSGeo. I know that their only intention is to inform about the netiquette to not use the maillists for off-topic messages.  I now understand that geoforall as the education and outreach is the appropriate mail list to have these discussions (not the Discuss list).

Thank you again for your kind words. Have a nice weekend.

Best wishes

Suchith

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored where permitted by law.