[geomoose-psc] "A Round of Design"

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Apr 22 06:15:05 PDT 2022

+1

I also want to point out that, if we had something like 3k in the pot,
that with the going-rate for a professional today, that likely means 1
day spent to learn the current architecture and then that would leave
about 2 days of actual effort on improvements (with that pot size).

That does then bring the question: is that enough funding for a
professional (designer or any technical position)?

The funding amount of 3k is more geared for a student, maybe a nice
'summer job', or for a recent graduate.  (which is an excellent way for
a student to get experience in FOSS4G)

So maybe we should start planning on pinging various university contacts
to spread this news.

I hope my above feedback helps give some perspective.

I would personally love to see a student gain experience with something
like this, and make some money at it as well.

Thanks,

-jeff