[Geomoose-users] [Geomoose-developers] Hennepin [and other MN Couties]

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Dec 10 18:06:10 EST 2007

Jeremy,

I wonder if you are not going at this in too complex a way.  At the
City here, we just set the coordinates to Ramsey County for all the
source layers in the interface.

Any layers that we need to import (like the LMIC aerial photos) into
the GeoMoose application, we use Mapserver for handling the reprojection
aspects.

This greatly simplifies the Client managability and also allows for the
most flexibility with regard to importing other layers.

Without implementing some sort of Client side Reprojection routines,
this is the only method available to pull together separate projection
systems into a single map at the client end.

Currently Geomoose  doesn't support this type of functionality.  The
only reprojection capabilities in GeoMoose at this time are the Mouse
tracking coordinate readouts, to add in the capability of seeing LAT/LON
while dragging the mouse in the map view.

Does this clear it up or add in more complication to the responses
you've gotten?

bobb

>>> "Johnson, Jeremy" <JJohnson at ci.blaine.mn.us> wrote:

Brian,

Following, I included the whole Map File:

MAP
      NAME 'mn_blaine'
      SIZE 800 650
      STATUS ON
      EXTENT 478856 4996794 488857 5006525
      UNITS METERS
      FONTSET '../fonts/fontset.list'
      SYMBOLSET '../symbols/symbol.sym'
      TRANSPARENT TRUE
      PROJECTION
            "init=epsg:26915"
      END

      QUERYMAP
            STATUS ON
            STYLE SELECTED
      END

      WEB
              INCLUDE
"/ms4w/apps/GeoMOOSE/maps_statedemo/web_config.map"
      END

      LEGEND
            STATUS ON
      END

      LAYER
            NAME 'parcels'
            TYPE polygon
            STATUS ON
            DATA './blaine.shp'
                  PROJECTION
                        "init=epsg:99999"
                  END
            CLASS
                  NAME 'Blaine Parcels'
                  OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
                  TEMPLATE void
            END
      END

END ## end Map

I did as you suggested and added the PROJECTION line in the definition
of the Map File.  Unfortunately, it still does not work.  You will see,
also, in the Layer definition, I have the PROJECTION set to 99999.  I
added this code to the EPSG file to define the Anoka County coordinate
system.

# NAD 1983 StatePlane Minnesota Central FIPS 2202 Feet
<99999> +proj=lcc +lat_1=45.06666666666667 +lat_2=45.36666666666667
+lat_0=45.0352777778 +lon_0=-93.26666666666667 +x_0=152400.3048006096
+y_0=30480.06096012192 +ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83
+to_meter=0.3048006096012192 no_defs <>

As I stated in a previous post, this works just fine in pMapper and I
wonder if it is not due to the fact that in pMapper there is only one
Map File that contains every layer.

How would GeoMOOSE handle this issue if there was a WMS layer being
added that was of a different projection?

Thanks again for any help on this.

Jeremy Johnson