[Geomoose-users] Attempting to use draw labels.

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Thu Apr 3 10:07:16 EDT 2008

Nelson,

If you want to use the arial font you would need to take the arial font
from your window system folder and move it into the fonts folder.  The
reason we don't distribute the arial font with GeoMOOSE is because that
font has copyrights to it.  We do how ever distribute some true type
fonts with GeoMOOSE that are very similar to arial. Those are called
Vera.ttf.  So if you want to try that font instead of arial all you
would have to do in your mapfile is change:

"FONT arial" to "FONT vera"

Or like I said you would have to find the arial.ttf file on your
computer and move it into the fonts folder.  Also make sure you have the
arial.ttf font added to your fontset.list.

Hope this helps.

Brian Fischer
Houston Engineering, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN