[Geomoose-users] Issues with Query / Identify

Janosch.Skrobek at trier.de Janosch.Skrobek at trier.de
Thu Apr 10 08:10:21 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone,

i’m fairly new to all this so please excuse me if I made stupid failures. I have built a mapserver application using ms4w and geomoose. Everything works fine and until now I was able to solve all my problems by trial and error ☺

I added all data I need to the app and querying a certain layer works fine but there are two things I’d like to solve:

1) Issue with QUERY

a) Highlighting the queried object doesn’t work, I always get a timeout on the ‘Highlight’ – Layer. This also doesn’t work in the preinstalled countydemo / statedemo files, I would think it is a problem with the path but I can’t tell what exactly. Right now the path in the xml file is

relative://./shared/images/blank.gif?mapext=%EXTENTS%

I tried various other paths buzt without success. I checked for the blank.gif, it is in the shared/images folder.

b) The Layer that is being queried is default="false" ... is there any way to automatically turn it on when someone clicks the "search" link?

2) Issue with IDENTIFY:

I created a identify.map file and the template files for header, footer and the specific template for the layer I want to get data from. Basically I took the files from the demo and changed them to suit my needs. But somehow I get no results, when I click on one of the polygons in the layer I want to query all that happens is the following error message:
msQueryByPoint(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.

Anyone got an idea?

Thank you very much!

Janosch