[Geomoose-users] Prevent the user zooming too far in

Vojko Daneu vojko.daneu at mail.telepac.pt
Sat Jan 19 13:44:11 EST 2008

Hallo,
in my GeoMoose application I want to prevent the user from zooming in too far in. On the page http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/layer I find the following definition:

    MINSCALE [double]
    Maximum scale at which this interface is valid (Mapserver terminology is the opposite of normal terminology for scales). When a user reuqests a map at a larger scale, MapServer automatically returns the map at this scale. This effectively prevents the user from zooming in too far in.

I use MINSCALE 150000 in my map file, but instead of returning the map at this scale (when zooming too far in), the map is not drawn at all.

Any idea how to limit the zoom in extent in Geomoose?

Best regards
Vojko