[Geomoose-users] [Geomoose-developers] Retrieving Records from Database

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Fri Jul 25 12:20:19 EDT 2008

Jay,

You are somewhat limited here.  Currently mapserver only supports
joining a handful of tables to a shapefile.  Take a look at the
MapServer documentation.
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/join

The only way you could get the attributes to show up in the info tab is
to:
1) put your data in one of the supported formats
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/join#supported-form
ats) and join the table to the shapefile using mapserver/query templates
2) Set the source of your parcel layer to a personal geodatabase.
Performance is not as good as shapefiles. Still there I am not sure if
you would have to have all the attributes in the same table or not.
3) Set your source of your parcel layer to an SDE layer.  Same caveat as
#2.
4) have all your fields you want to show up in the info tab as part of
the shapefile.
5) construct a link to an external page that shows more parcel info.
Ex.)
http://65.77.74.200/mcleodcounty/TaxBill.aspx?RollType=R&ParcelNumber=08
0190800&TaxYear=2008
6) Put all your data into PostGreSql/PostGIS

I usually do #4, 5 or 6.  We can talk about this more next week if you
want.  Hope this helps.

Brian Fischer
Houston Engineering, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN