[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose User Group Meeting

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Mar 7 16:50:45 EST 2008

The grouping can be accomplished in the MAPBOOK.XML.   You use the <GROUP> tag to do this, you can nest as deep as you like too.

I believe that Brian fischer has an example of multiple Zoom-to pulldowns in one tab somewhere.  I've seen this is action somewhere.

The new Address GeoCoder will definitely be integrated in.  There is a bunch of testing to do on it though, before that happens.

A generic geocoder is possible as well.  we do that sort of data lookup internally with the Popups though, but doing it similar to your finder tool is also an option.  Maybe we can add in an example of something like this to the demo download.

bobb

Bob Basques
GIS Systems Developer
City of Saint Paul, MN

GISmo
Powered by
GeoMOOSE

>>> Lee Meilleur <lee.meilleur at gis.leg.mn> wrote:

Bob,

I'm sorry too.  Unfortunately duty called.

Here's what I have so far, the data is all being served via PostGIS:

http://www.gis.leg.mn/geomoose/atlas/

The cartography needs work.  The identify tool is coming along nicely, but I still need to add a few layers.

I guess what I meant rather than a list box is a tree menu, where one can expand or contract the layer information via a plus/minus sign.  The layers in the atlas above can be better organized in such a fashion (Political, Administrative, Transportation, etc).

Having the "Jump To" pulldown list be dynamic would be interesting.  Perhaps having it change by clicking on a layer?  The Leg Atlas is set for school districts right now since there are people wanting that.

Has there been any discussion on having a geocoding tool built into GeoMoose?  It would be nice to see our District Finder tool incorporated into this (something I can probably work on).

Thanks again for all of your help Bob.

Lee

Lee Meilleur
LCC-GIS Office