[Geomoose-users] [Geomoose-developers] Popups

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Tue Mar 11 14:30:07 EDT 2008

Jay, my personal experience with the popups is they have some usability
quirks with them.  There needs to be some time invested to get all of it
worked out, but they do work.  I haven't really used them in any of my
applications so I have not invested a lot of time trying to figure out a
good solution to enhance the end user usability.  But I do see the
benefits.

I personally like the approach where you might have a drop down menu
that only list what data layers the popups are available for and you
select one and that becomes your active popup layer.  That layer would
always remain on during all navigate functions and would only be turned
back off when a user selects a different layer or sets it to "none".  If
you made a popup stick it would disappear on any navigate.  You also
would not be able to print the popups.  Just thinking out loud hear.
Thoughts?

Brian Fischer
Houston Engineering, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN