[Geomoose-users] PDF Printing - how to layer background transparent?

CoFIS web | www.cofis.info coffee at uni-bonn.de
Wed Nov 12 08:27:16 EST 2008

Dear List,
this has been asked before - but I cannot find a sufficient answer for me.

I got the printing running in 1.6.1 but in the output I can only see the topmost layer
with grey background/fill (same in html and pdf output). Forcing opacity on the topmost
layer makes the lower one shine through. However, it looks by far not as good as the
Geomoose map.

The layers I want to print are shapes on my local system. In my mapfile I include the
following output format options:
	NAME		png
	DRIVER		'GD/PNG'
	MIMETYPE	'image/png'
	IMAGEMODE	RGBA
	TRANSPARENT	on
	EXTENSION	'png'

The layer backgrounds appear transparently Firefox, IE7 and Safari on screen. How can I
tell geomoose to do the same when printing?

Thank you,
Nils

--
Center for Development Research
Department of Ecology and Resource Management

Walter-Flex-Strasse 3
53113 Bonn (Germany)

Tel.:   +49 (0) 228 - 73-1793
FAX:    +49 (0) 228 - 73-1889