[Geomoose-users] [Geomoose-developers] Highlight layer disappearing

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 09:06:06 EST 2008

This is definitely getting looked at, but I'll be honest, I've got a new baby at home and we're trying to get a beta of GeoMOOSE2 ready for everyone.

The "highlight" functionality is using a mapserver nquerymap.  When mapserver finds something it shows the map, if the extents are away from the highlighted image mapserver will return HTML saying, "nothing was found here."  GeoMOOSE has built-in error detection.  If a non-image is returned, it will put that layer on the "ignore" list until it's given a different URL.  So there are two potential solutions:
1) Write a "highlight.php" which would work as a stand-in to mapserver.  When nothing is found, instead of returning an error, it would return a blank image of the request size.  This isn't terribly difficult to write as it would be used in a limited context.
2) Try to increase the "smarts" in the error checking.  I would like to avoid this as a solution as it requires changing code that is actually working as it is intended.