[Geomoose-users] popups (again)

Jim Klassen Jim.Klassen at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Nov 20 09:26:56 EST 2008

The typical way I've seen is to use two layers in the mapfile. One for cartography, the other of TYPE QUERY that just points to the data and the templates with a maxscale. This method does have the limitation that it is based on scale and not number of items so it really only works well when your dataset is evenly distributed.

>>> "Bob Basques" <Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> 11/20/08 12:38 AM >>>
All,

Ok, with help from Jim I got the Popups working correctly.

Now I need to limit the Popups but still display the layer in the map.  I want the layer to display further up the map view scale than the popup imagemap?

I found the MAXSCALE/MINSCALE settings in the countydemo_xml, but is there a MAXPOPUPSCALE/MINPOPUPSCALE value that can be used to limit on the POPUPS and still display the layer?

I tried a couple of things in the MAP file like building two layers across a scale boundary, the lower one having the template and the upper one not, but that didn't work as I expected it to.

Any ideas?

Thanks

bobb