[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose 2.0 Re: GeoMOOSE 2.0 Planning - Themenu bar

Jim Klassen Jim.Klassen at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Oct 13 09:51:23 EDT 2008

Keep in mind that you could also write a short script on the webserver to assemble multiple files into a mapbook which would give the same functionality as XML includes.

(And if you are worried about speed, you would keep the fully assembled files on the server for GeoMOOSE to access and have the script update the assembled files from the source XML files only after you change the source files.)

BTW: did you ever get my reply on USNG?

Jim K

>>> Dan Little <danlittle at yahoo.com> 10/10/08 4:01 PM >>>
There are ways to do includes, the problem with XML includes is that they are not universally supported by all of the Javascript-engines (as they are different between IE-versions, FF-versions, Opera, and Safari) and they also cause MASSIVE loading slow-downs as they require multiple AJAX requests and then doing document-node importing which is inherently a very slow process.