[Geomoose-users] How to call mapserver variables from the url

Edward E. Boesenberg, III eboesenberg at niraengineers.com
Tue Feb 17 12:50:12 EST 2009

I like the print button that came with the state demo but I would like to a
button my plain mapserver webpage.  The button uses mapserver and its url
variables to open another window used for printing nice looking maps.  I
will eventually dig into Geomoose and see how it prints to a layout but I
would like to keep my old feature.

When I added the button to my Geomoose webpage I got an error about the
MAPEXT variable.  How would I get the current map extents from geomoose?
What document would I add it to (statedemo.html or statedemo.xml)?  Would it
be added as a service to the xml file?

Below is the code I used:

<script language="javascript">

                function printmap() {

    var url =
"http://nira_201/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/apps/niramap/htdocs/niramap
.map&mapext=[mapext]&map.imagecolor=255+255+255&layers=[layers]&map_web=TEMP
LATE+templates/print.html&mapsize=650+650";

    // alert(url);

    window.open(url);

  }

</script>

<input type="button" name="submit" value="Print Map 8x11"
onClick="javascript:printmap()">

Ed