[Geomoose-users] WFS Service

Nelson Soto NSoto at plotplans.com
Thu Feb 19 10:01:22 EST 2009

Hey Brian,

I realize this is beyond anything you support here but I had a question
in regards to the link below and WFS.

I am pretty sure I am forming my string correctly but for some reason
the WFS says the Type can not be found? I am more used to a
"servicename:layername" approach to specifying a feature request but
here I am assuming I use the ID?

http://www.datafinder.org/wfsconnector/com.esri.wfs.Esrimap/MN_MetroGIS_
DataFinder_WFS_Administrative_Political_Boundaries?SERVICE=wfs&VERSION=1
.0.0&REQUEST=getfeature&TYPENAME=county

I tried using the long entry in the <Name> tag as an alternative but
receive a different type of error.

I am only asking you because it seems like you have used these with some
form of success in the past? I'm pretty sure I am requesting an
incorrect TYPENAME but am having problems trying to figure out what tags
in the GetCapabilities I should use.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks.